Advertisement

Thursday 26 June 2014



Thinking about things again, and wondering what s going on with the current market, went back and re read what I think is the best book I have read on the stock market by Phillip A Fisher, Common Stocks and Uncommon profits, written after the great depression, so a long time ago.
The thing I like about Fisher is he was a product of the depression, so understood real value.
sometimes I think our market forgets this.
The other thing that is of incredible significance I think is that he only ever held a hand full of stocks, but made a lot of money.

And if you look at things why do you need diversification into sectors or industries that aren't making any money!
The other thing of interest is his objection to companies that paid dividends, a complete divergence from current thinking, Fisher preferred companies that built shareholder value by reinvesting profits.

So you have to be concerned about the current preoccupation with only buying companies that pay dividends!

But this time its different they say, I don't think so!

think its time to move away from the dividend players, back to some growth.



No comments:

Post a Comment